She had this vendetta against him. She’s basically done anything she can to make fun of Michael over the years and she’s repeatedly made out like he was guilty.
Here’s some of the things she’s done -
The day after “Living With Michael Jackson” aired, Oprahs original plan was to discuss something else, but she couldnt resist talking about Michael. She started the show by saying something like “This show is not going to be about Michael Jackson but OMG, did you all see the documentary yesterday?” Of course, then she and her audience talked about Michael the entire show. She turned straight to the camera and directed a personal message to MJ and said “Michael, if you were my brother I would say to you that it’s not appropriate to have kids sleep in your bed.”
She then invited guests on her show to get them to malign Michael & she’d laugh heartily at their disrespect during the trial. She asked several people about their opinions about the trial and MJ, when Michael was not even the topic of the show.
1) As Randy Jackson has stated, during jury deliberations, she had a show about pedophilia. This is kinda interesting because the old woman, the one juror who said she was huge Oprah fan was the one who slowed down the “jurydeliberation process”.
2) She had a show about unrelated men who share intimate relationships with one another (a deep closeness, no sex) yet continued to insist they were heterosexual. Something like that anyway. One of the men said that he often shared a bed with his friends (again, no sex) and Winfrey laughed and said “You’re sounding like Michael Jackson.”
3) When she had Jay Leno on her show, she asked him “What kind of jokes do you tell on your show.” He said, “of course, Michael Jackson jokes”. She went on to ask about his trial experience. When he talked about “wanting to crack a few jokes” during his testimony, she ended the conversation.
4) Larry King once asked her if she felt sorry for Jackson. She smiled slightly before saying no.
5) She had Chris Rock on her show for his movie “I think I love my wife” where she pointed out and played a particular scene where the main characters (all Black) discuss (and insult) Jackson, his father, and his case. After that, she asked her audience if “White people do this?”
Later she kinda cheered on Chris Rock and let him crack some jokes about Michael and wanted more and more but Chris Rock eventuelly stopped and said something like “This trial is bigger than we think, there are so much more behind it”.
5) During her interview with Lisa Marie Presley, she pondered if Jackson used Presley and joined her in her belief that Jackson took advantage of her tendency to feel sorry for the misunderstood. Winfrey claimed she was the same way and that Jackson “sucks you in” with his “I’m so misunderstood” thing.
6) On an episode about Body Dysmorphic Disorder (an emotional disorder that makes “normal” looking people feel they are grotesquely ugly) Winfrey stated –after quickly pointing out that she interviewed Jackson before his “sexual abuse problems”—that before the interview, Jackson was insistent upon controlling the editing. Of course, Winfrey was also insistent upon controlling the editing and wasn’t going to give way to Jackson. While going through childhood photos, she said Jackson kept hiding his face and saying “Oh, oh I’m so ugly.” Winfrey says she didn’t know if he was serious about that or if it was a tactic to try and get her to relinquish control of the editing. She showed a picture of Jackson at fourteen stating that she thought he looked “fine this way” then went on to compare a professionally taken picture of fourteen year old Jackson to a news photo of Jackson during the trial (amid “eews” from her audience) she proceeded to say that she thought he must have BDD.
About the Body Dysmorphic Disorder episode, she had another show about a woman who had been diagnosed with this very disorder. She was obsessed with cosmetic surgery and must have had over a dozen procedures done to her entire body. In her video segment, she said she liked Jackson’s small nose and various other body parts of other celebrities. Then she went on to talk about everything she had tucked and raised and cinched and so on to achieve these looks she so admired. Not to mention the regular visits for botox injections. After her video segment, Winfrey zeroed right in on her admiration of Jackson’s nose. “You like Michael Jackson’s nose?” Winfrey asked incredulous. She didn’t mention anyone else.
7) Another episode of her show dealt with show business parents. One father said he admired the Jacksons and wished for his entertainer children to be just like them. Oprah looked very applled and kinda turned to her her sidekick therapist “Dr. Robin” to talk sense to this man. Dr Robin then told how wrong he was because one of the Jacksons is obviously “struggling” and he shouldn’t want his children to end up like them.
8) She had a slumber party with a bunch of little girls at her house once and promoted it all over her show as though it were the best thing in the world. This was after she had said “she would never put herself in a vulnerable situation like Michael Jackson had done with kids”. So, it is okay for Oprah to be in a room with little girls in their bed and playing and talking, but not for Michael?
9) She also chastised Jackson in a way when Jon Stewart was on her show talking about him “dancing” on top of the SUV. Stewart called him an idiot while she said that she heard–heard not confirmed–that Jackson compared himself to Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela and that she thought that was wrong. She didn’t state where she heard that yet we all know she was talking about the Jesse Jackson interview that she made obvious that she didn’t bother to listen to otherwise she would have known that wasn’t what Jackson was doing.